There are so many great blogs out there full of amazing design resources, tutorials for hand-lettering and freelance business advice, but sometimes don’t you just want an old-fashioned book? I still love flipping through and bookmarking pages for inspiration. I’ve included some of my favorite graphic design related books here, all of these graphic design books would also make amazing gifts for the creative types in your life!
The Best Graphic Design Books:
- Type Rules: The Designer’s Guide to Professional Typography
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
- The Anatomy of Type: A Graphic Guide to 100 Typefaces
- Work for Money, Design for Love: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Starting and Running a Successful Design Business
- Creative Lettering and Beyond: Inspiring Tips, Techniques, and Ideas for Hand Lettering
- How to be a Graphic Designer, without Losing Your Soul: Straight-talking Advice on How to Establish Your Design Career
- Freelance Design in Practice: Explaining exactly what it takes to create a full-time freelance business
- Creative, Inc.: The Ultimate Guide to Running a Successful Freelance Business
- Little Black Font Book: the go-to resource for designers and typographers looking for the perfect font
- In Progress: See Inside Jessica Hische’s Sketchbook and Process
- Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities
- Thinking with Type: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors & Students
*Affiliate links used.