I’ve been a graphic designer since 2006. Your business deserves amazing branding no matter what phase you’re in and I’m here to help!
I’m so excited to introduce Corina as today’s guest blogger! Corina is a graphic designer, and blogs at Cocorrina about her work, inspiration, travels and fashion. She also loves to design jewelry, which I am kind of obsessed with!
Both my husband and I, are freelance designers and we get to work from the comfort of our home. Even though we feel privileged, working from your home might have some downs. One of the most important things, is to have your own office. A space where you can be inspired and create. A few months ago we moved to our new house and never actually got the time to arrange it as we wanted. My dear hubby gave me his office and he worked from the dinning table. How sweet is he?
Finally, after all those months, we decided it was time we both had offices, exactly as we imagined them. So, you can imagine how excited I was to start planning my new office from scratch! In the summer I tend to adore lots of color but always with a touch of simplicity. I broke down into 5 categories that describe the perfect office for me. White, color, plants, brass and patterns. I want every inch of my office to be cheerful and inspiring, but balanced with minimalism and not overloaded. Like a blank canvas. A few pops of color here and there, happy patterns, touch of brass and gold for light and a few plants for freshness.
I don’t know if there is a specific name for this style, but i have seen it a lot lately in interior design and in graphic design as well, and obviously I’m really into it! As a last touch, a couple of vintage items to give my office some character and because i just love everything vintage!
In my furniture, random items hunt, i complete fell in love with white desks. I’m not sure how easy it is to keep them clean, but I have this idea for them that dust doesn’t show! Hehe that would really suit anyone! The Ikea wooden chair, was love at first sight, and since I have already used it, it might not look like it is, but it’s very comfortable, for me! My best friend who owns it, doesn’t agree!
One of my office obsessions, and probably yours too, are the Hay trays! I mean is there anything to say about them? They are so handy, good-looking and overall super cute! I will probably get too crazy with gold / brass because i just love how royal and clean it looks when combined with white, not to mention it makes your office glow!
The fun part is, that when redecorating an office, you can get a bit crafty too! Many of the things i loved, where.. well just a bit out of budget! But you can always find a perfect DIY, or put a few creative touches here and there. I found a few good DIYs, that I will definitely put in use for my new office!
1. Besides all the office essential, it’s relaxing to have some fun decorations! I feel for this simple paper wreath, that would look just perfectly on any wall, or desk!
2. Who need post its when you can have your own mini chalkboard! And how sweet and rustic it looks on wood?
3. Putting washi tape in a good use! Cords don’t always need to be messy and white!
4. Watercolor, with bright colors paper tags, as color swatches to add some pop into your desk.
5. One of my favorite coasters probably. And so easy to make. Leather silver and leather gold.
6. Probably the most easy and fun DIY for an office. All you need to use is nail polish to give a new “breath” to your office tacks.
7. I would say yes to color dipped everything, especially a plant pot!
Get the free guide to learn the top mistakes when it comes to DIY branding.