In 2014, I spent seven weeks traveling. A few weeks with friends in Spain and France and then a few weeks visiting Zander when he was working in London and Iceland. I wrote and published travel guides for Madrid, Barcelona, Segovia and Marseille but then got distracted and never posted the rest! Well, today I’m back and sharing my photos of Nice! I couldn’t just let them sit in a folder on my computer, they needed to see the light of day! Plus, I’m getting a bit of a travel bug and find myself scrolling through them a lot recently. We headed to Nice after Marseille and it was a much-needed change of pace. We took the opportunity to slow down and really enjoy some down time just strolling the streets and drinking rosé on the beach. I was actually scheduled to head home half way through our time in Nice, but decided to stay with my friends and continue onto Paris with them!
Food + Drink in Nice
- Fenocchio Ice Cream in Place Rossetti – we went here just about every night to try as many of the amazing flavors as we could
- Le Méridien – hotel/restaurant with a gorgeous view
- Di Piu – nice restaurant on the beach road
- Bistro Du Fromager – the besssttt – we ate downstairs in the wine cellar, and of course tried some amazing cheeses with jams and wine
- Chez Juliette – cute little spot on a cobble stone road, we ordered onion soup and Coq au Vin
- The Snug and Cellar
- Waynes Bar
- Pompeii Bar
Things to do in Nice
- Beaches – there are TONS of options but we spent time at Plage Beau Rivage, Blue Beach, Opéra Plage and Castel Plage
- La promenade du Paillon – we grabbed a pizza (from a place across from Bistro Du Fromager) and ate in the park
- The Castle Park (Parc du Chateau) – make sure to see what time the park closes! We almost got trapped inside overnight… it’s one of those stories that takes a few months to become funny, it was terrifying at the time!
- Port Lympia
- Place Charles Félix – a square full of markets and restaraunts
- Promenade des Anglais – this is a walking path that runs the full length of the beach area
- Galerie des Ponchettes
P.S. Have you seen my travel memorabilia?